1. Dear Guest, please do not post any links until you have made at least 3 posts otherwise it will be rejected to prevent spammers from spoiling these forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi from Scotland

Discussion in 'Introductions- Pull up a seat round the fire...' started by SmokeyPete, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Welcome one and all.

We built this site because it was needed- with so many online communities dedicated to BBQ we felt the pure art of cooking with fire needed represented in its own dedicated forum.

I love fire cooking year round, both in the garden or out in the wilds. The vast seasonal changes provide an ever changing menu and cooking style- with the need in winter to maintain personal warmth whilst cooking.

Luckily Scotland is also blessed with some fantastic local ingredients that seasonally arrive to delight. I look forwards to sharing some of these recipes with you.

With a tindered spark, some gentle blowing, kindling & branch- I sincerely hope we can turn this site into a vibrant fire cooking community, a place we can share our recipes, techniques and fire cooking adventures!

Best regards
    Pete

2. Hi Pete,

Thank you for creating this blog and forum. I have some experience with camping and building fires to stay warm. The more time I spend camping, the more I realize how much I do not know about cooking with a wood fire. I look forward to learning more here on this forum. Cheers, Allyson PS, I think the Firemark system is AWESOME!

3. Wow! Hi @allyson93 I got a surprise there. Thank you and welcome to the forum!

Its kind of daunting starting a forum on ones own but I hope with time it attracts more like minded folk who appreciate fire and cooking.

Also glad you liked the firemark system I needed a way to describe a constant in varying temps and weather, its remarkably consistent. To have such a range of heat available, from ember searing to slow roasting at a distance the fire satisfies almost any food cooking.

Happy to help answer any questions you may have and very happy you found this community.

Cheers
    Pete